- This event has passed.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOR THE TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL AND COMPANY LEADERS
December 13, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
In our ever-changing industry, more and more technical professionals are being asked to do more to not only grow existing accounts but to attract new clients for their firms. This new paradigm has created additional ways in which management can track and predict the future health of their firms.
Just say no to “cold calling”. This interactive program will provide the insight, skills and practices that technical professionals can employ daily to grow existing accounts, attract new clients, and provide the predictive information that management requires.
Join us for hints to:
- Develop your firm’s unique value proposition
- Define prospects and capture leads
- Network with ease and effectiveness
- Warm up a cold call
- Employ open and closed end questing to gain information on projects and client drivers
- Track and evaluate information necessary to plan and evaluate business growth, such as revenue, pipeline development and a sales funnel.
There will be at least two interactive exercises:
- UVP Development
- Six Degrees of Separation (networking)
- A mock client meeting – time permitting.
Thursday, December 13th, 2018
Program will be held at the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce & Industry
115 E King St, Lancaster, PA 17602
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Networking will follow the program at Annie Bailey’s Irish Public House
28 East King Street, #30, Lancaster, PA 17602
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
About the Speaker
Laurie Buckman, CPSM is the Vice President of Business Development for The Plus Group and has over 28 years of experience in business development for private- and public-sector engineering and environmental consulting services. Her focus has been the development of matrix driven strategies that directly correlate with overall business goals and the associated new market/client definition and outreach. She has also developed and implemented extensive seller-doer training and participation programs as well as door-opening strategies.