Local Employment Opportunities
Posted on 07.19.2021
At EI Associates – Architects & Engineers, we welcome people who are curious, inventive, and who want to work to be a little bit better every single day. Our team thrives in a positive, diverse, and supportive culture aimed at being smart, humble, hardworking, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, say hello and introduce yourself.
The primary function of the position is to manage a team in all aspects of projects including Feasibility Study, Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents phases. Other functions include assisting the specification writer, involvement in the bidding phase, and to support construction administrators.
- Attendance as part of a team interviewing for a speculative Project.
- Examine the Agreement between the Owner and EI Associates to become familiar with the basic scope of services and items that are considered additional services.
- Solicit proposals from consultants as is warranted for review and authorization by a Senior Vice President.
- Attendance at evening meetings, as required, such as School Board meetings, Land Development meetings, Zoning meetings, etc.
- Communicate clearly, in both oral and written form, and speak effectively in public.
- Lead design phase meetings and document associated meeting minutes.
- Meet with consultants on a regular basis to coordinate the Project as well as maintaining the associated schedule.
- Responsible for the preparation of a set of working drawings with support staff in cooperation with the specification writer.
- Assistance in mentoring and developing support staff.
- Interpret and implement prevailing building code requirements into the documents.
- Understand the prevailing LEED rating system and implement requirements into the documents.
- Review drawings and specifications, including consultant documents, for coordination and quality control prior to release for permitting and/or bidding purposes.
- Attendance at meetings when required with the Owner, Contractors, Construction Manager, and agencies during construction.
- Review, coordinate, and respond to RFI’s and construction change directives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of on-site personnel.
- Independent selection of course of action for which well-established guidelines are not necessarily available.
- Five year degree from an accredited college or university
- Registered Architect
- Five to ten years of full-time experience
- Five plus years of experience with public schools in PA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Revit experience
- Design background
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references by email to email@example.com
West Chester, PA
TONO Group is a family of companies on a mission to create meaningful places. We transform the built environment through architecture, construction, décor procurement, and real estate development. TONO Architects, LLC has an immediate full-time opening for a creative, self-motivated, and technically proficient Architectural Designer. Position will be based in our West Chester office. Our innovative practice requires continuous collaboration with the team both office locations, so occasional travel between locations will be required. Benefits and growth opportunities are available. To apply, candidates should email PDF’s of cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree from a NAAB-accredited Architecture program on a path to licensure
- Participation / Enrollment in NCARB’s Architectural Experience Program
- Mandatory 2-5 years of professional experience at an architecture firm. Please do not submit with more than 10 yrs of experience.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe CS, MS Office, and AutoCAD.
- Experience in rendering with Revit & Enscape or similar programs
- Experience with building Revit families is desired.
- General knowledge of construction details, assemblies, and building systems.
- Knowledge and experience in assembling a set of construction documents.
- Innovative, self-motivated, team-oriented.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with and receive direction from team members, consultants, and clients.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Project Managers and design team to develop projects
- Assist in field verification, including site measurements and record documentation
- Coordinate project documentation and creation of construction drawings
- Assist with coordination with consulting engineers and clients as needed
- Assist in the development of project and firm-related graphics, renderings, presentations, and marketing materials
To apply, candidates should email PDF’s of cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to email@example.com
Architectural Technology Instructor
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
Posted on 07.08.2021
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a residential, two-year technical college that serves economically disadvantaged as well as tuition-paying students. The college prepares students for skilled employment in a diverse, ever-changing workforce and for full, effective participation as citizens of the community, the Commonwealth, and the nation. Committed for over a century to lifelong learning, inclusiveness, and community outreach, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology dedicates itself to the development of Pennsylvania’s technical workforce.
FULL-TIME ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Architectural Technology Instructor is responsible for classroom and lab instruction in various Architectural courses and assists in updating current curriculum; providing quality instruction for a diverse student population; performing instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, core values, policies and procedures of the College.
- Teach assigned Architectural Technology courses and associated labs in accordance with College’s workload policy; maintains written instructional standards; facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed; informs students in writing of instructional standards; posts and maintains office hours; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner;
- Ability to teach all Architectural courses within the program, including but not limited to advanced methods and materials of construction, structural systems, site and microclimate design, environmental systems, life safety and building codes, architectural history, and group and individual design studio, and other related processes and skills as required by the curriculum;
- Assists in the preparation of course proposals, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories and course procedure sheets for Architectural Technology courses; assists with curriculum updates;
- Applies and maintains standards of quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures; implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful Architectural Technology program; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, and course procedure sheets for assigned courses; integrates knowledge of customers, competitors, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve program quality;
- Participates in Architectural Technology course scheduling, College and division meetings; serves on college committees as assigned; collaborates with Dean of Academic Affairs and Division Chair, along with other faculty and instructional to review and maintain the integrity of department curriculum;
- Assists in the management of the Architectural program; maintains equipment and supply inventory; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Architectural Technology Instructor position is a 9-month, full-time, tenure track faculty position. Openings starting with the Fall 2021 semester. Collective Bargaining Agreement is based on 22 student contact hours and 3 office hours weekly and participating in college professional activities. Other duties and responsibilities are defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Salary and rank for the position is determined on the basis of academic preparation and experience as projected on the Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- 10 years of successful experience in Architectural or a related field;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from a NAAB accredited institution;
- Working knowledge of Construction/Presentation Drawings, Technical Specifications, Building and Zoning Codes, Accessibility Codes, Regulatory Standards, Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc., and understanding of means, methods, and materials of construction.
- Ability and willingness to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective and competent manner and to strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed;
- Ability and willingness to work independently while contributing to a team environment;
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner;
- Ability and willingness to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentially related to sensitive information;
- Ability and willingness to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve problems using sound independent judgment;
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other College staff, faculty, students and the public;
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail; and
- Ability and willingness to interface with local employers in support of the Architectural Technology Program.
- More than 10 years of experience in Architectural or a related field;
- Registered Architect as recognized by NCARB or willingness to obtain;
- Prior teaching experience in the field;
- Skill in instructing students from diverse backgrounds;
- Skill in using authentic assessment to evaluate students’ needs and progress; and
- Skill in integrating technology into curriculum and other educational services.
Application materials must include a cover letter, a current resume, and academic transcripts. Send applications to Heather Burky, Attention: Architectural Position, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, 750 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and postings will remain open until the positions are filled.
Weber Murphy Fox
State College, PA
Posted on 07.08.2021
Established in 1967, Weber Murphy Fox is an inter-disciplinary firm offering architecture, interior design, planning, landscape architecture, and construction management targeted toward several markets including higher education, K-12, healthcare, housing, and recreation. With three offices in two states, we are a company that is motivated by our clients, our world, and by collaboratively creating environments that inspire us all.
Weber Murphy Fox is seeking a creative and energetic Architect with 10+ years’ experience to join our State College, PA office. This position will provide support on a variety of projects from conceptualization through completion. The ideal candidate must be motivated, articulate, have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to multi-task.
- Working as part of a collaborative design team on all phases of a project from programming to construction administration.
- Creation of schematic design materials from 3-D renderings to plans and elevations.
- Developing designs and producing construction documents for implementation.
- Assisting with material take offs for cost estimating and managing project schedules.
- Coordination of project team and consultants.
- Maintaining and building client relationships.
- Assisting with business development initiatives and firm growth.
- 10+ years’ relevant architectural experience.
- Experience with current Revit and Navisworks Manage software.
- An understanding of applying BIM to diverse project types and scales.
- Knowledge of construction materials, assemblies, standards and codes.
- An interest in creating integrated delivery projects.
- A strong desire to participate in the entire project delivery process as a member of the design and construction management team.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Professional licensure preferred.
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include a copy of your portfolio with your submission.
Intermediate CAD Technician
Beers + Hoffman Architecture
Posted on 06.21.2021
The Intermediate CAD Technician works closely with the architects and other consultants, providing architectural plan services and solutions on construction projects. They will be involved in production from schematics to construction using computer-aided design such as REVIT, AutoCAD, and traditional methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develops complete and comprehensive construction documents and project documentation derived from layouts and sketches in an accurate and practical manner.
Possesses strong working knowledge of building construction concepts, practices and procedures, and can proceed with some detailing without pre-marked drawings.
Provides assistance with design and programming, including: coordination with the client through design implementation, construction meetings, material selections, verifications through specification writing, and shop drawing reviews.
Develops implementable architectural designed buildings using REVIT/AutoCAD.
Education and Requirements
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Proficiency in 7 years of REVIT (a must) and 4 years of AutoCAD (preferred).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software, as required.
To apply, send your resume details to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Design Consultants, Inc.
Camp Hill, PA
Posted on 06.01.2021
ByDesign Consultants, Inc., is a locally owned and operated architectural design firm based in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. We have a wide range of architectural project experience including the design of corporate offices, health care, multi-family housing, educational, retail, and entertainment projects. We are a full-service design firm with licensed architects, and specialized consultants, providing client focused design services, for new buildings, as well as renovations and the adaptive reuse of existing structures. Founded in 1992, we take great pride in the fact that the majority of our work over the years, has come from repeat clients, and our reputation in the local building construction industry. We are licensed to practice architecture in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Florida, and are accredited by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards. We have built our reputation by putting our clients and their goals first, by carefully
listening to their needs, and by using our skills and experience to help their projects reach their highest potential.
Our company is seeking an Intern Architect to join our firm and work directly with a registered architect to complete new and ongoing commercial architecture projects. This position is open to students in architecture programs as well as recent graduates, and it can be part-time or full-time, and remain flexible.
Assist with the completion of design drawings and research, attend project meetings, visit job sites, and take part in all aspects of architectural project development. Our interns are fast learners, and are expected to handle more complex tasks overtime, as well as further develop their ability to problem solve, and work effectively with other design team members.
Must have basic knowledge and experience with Revit Software and be willing to develop additional skills. Must be enrolled in, or have recently graduated from an architecture program.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects
Baltimore, MD or York, PA
Posted on 05.07.2021
NOW HIRING: PROJECT ARCHITECT
Award-Winning Design Firm. We have a rare opening to join our growing firm in the role of Project Architect based in either our Baltimore, MD or York PA office with remote work options.
M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace, with offices in Baltimore, MD and York, PA. In addition to receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years, our firm has received well over 200 design/preservation/craftsmanship awards – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this past year alone.
Breadth of Work. We work with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Design-Focused & Technically Proficient Culture. By promoting an integrated approach to Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design, the Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects’ team of creative professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. In tandem with our design focus is a commitment to comprehensively delineating technical details on drawings and in specifications to ensure constructability.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for collaboration with Principals, other Project Management Staff, and very talented Architectural Designers – all of whom have Architectural degrees and are pursuing licensure. Our objective is to infuse high quality Architecture into each of our commissions, to ensure our designs are documented and detailed correctly, to manage projects efficiently and profitably, and to achieve successful built results. Technical Architects/Construction Administrators at M&D have a wide range of opportunities to use the following skills:
- Collaboration and Coordination with internal project teams and engineering consultants
- Creative and innovative solutions during Construction Administration
- High level of awareness and leadership on building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
- Project Management Responsibility to lead project teams and Engineering Consultants during Project Construction on a variety of project types, scales, and locations
- Ensure detailed/fully coordinated construction documents and specifications
- Significant Client interface and management
Benefits. This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier Architectural environments. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Remote Work Schedule Options
- M&D Day – an annual tradition that includes good food and company while touring our new or recently completed projects
- Paid Parking
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Minimum Required)
- 5-8+ years of Construction administration, specifications, quality assurance, design detailing, and technical architectural experience
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Minimum Proficiency in CAD, Revit, and Bluebeam
- Intrinsic motivation and a passion for technical details
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please indicate “Project Architect” along with your preferred office location.
Senior Architectural Designer
Posted on 04.09.2021
The Architectural Designer works under direct supervision of the Director of Design, a registered architect. The role is intended to be filled by a college or university-trained Architectural Designer, Engineer In Training, or Senior Drafter. Primary responsibilities include preparing complete drawing sets from concepts with a high level of independence. Competence in detailing buildings is high priority; visualization and graphics software capabilities are preferred. Revit and AutoCAD proficiency are required. Experience with Enscape, SketchUp, Photoshop, and others are preferred. The Architectural Designer also collaboratively assists in other aspects of plan preparation such as surveying, information gathering, discipline coordination, and data transfer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Utilize design software to prepare construction details, plans, and to assist with reports and presentation exhibits.
-Transfer information in numerical, written, and sketched, or electronic format from sources such as concept designs, legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs, and computer files to create final designs or provide information to consultants for their final designs.
-Visualize and illustrate concepts or designs in 2 or 3 dimensions. Utilize mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Ideally, have or gain capability to integrate designs with company Virtual Reality resources.
-Interact with internal and external Engineers, construction Project Managers, and Estimators to obtain pertinent information necessary to create and coordinate design drawings.
-Perform tasks under supervision and from detailed procedures.
-Assist construction Project Engineers with operational tasks such as submittals, shop drawings. etc.
-Attend design coordination progress meetings.
-Participate in Design Department meetings, improvement initiatives and continuing education. Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit: https://rsmoweryconstruction.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=20