Local Employment Opportunities
Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects
Baltimore, MD or York, PA
Posted on 05.07.2021
NOW HIRING: PROJECT ARCHITECT
Award-Winning Design Firm. We have a rare opening to join our growing firm in the role of Project Architect based in either our Baltimore, MD or York PA office with remote work options.
M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace, with offices in Baltimore, MD and York, PA. In addition to receiving the Fostering Emerging Professionals (EPiC) AIA Award for the past 5 consecutive years, our firm has received well over 200 design/preservation/craftsmanship awards – including 8 AIA design excellence awards this past year alone.
Breadth of Work. We work with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Design-Focused & Technically Proficient Culture. By promoting an integrated approach to Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design, the Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects’ team of creative professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is to develop the best and most innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. In tandem with our design focus is a commitment to comprehensively delineating technical details on drawings and in specifications to ensure constructability.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for collaboration with Principals, other Project Management Staff, and very talented Architectural Designers – all of whom have Architectural degrees and are pursuing licensure. Our objective is to infuse high quality Architecture into each of our commissions, to ensure our designs are documented and detailed correctly, to manage projects efficiently and profitably, and to achieve successful built results. Technical Architects/Construction Administrators at M&D have a wide range of opportunities to use the following skills:
- Collaboration and Coordination with internal project teams and engineering consultants
- Creative and innovative solutions during Construction Administration
- High level of awareness and leadership on building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
- Project Management Responsibility to lead project teams and Engineering Consultants during Project Construction on a variety of project types, scales, and locations
- Ensure detailed/fully coordinated construction documents and specifications
- Significant Client interface and management
Benefits. This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier Architectural environments. M&D staff enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible Remote Work Schedule Options
- M&D Day – an annual tradition that includes good food and company while touring our new or recently completed projects
- Paid Parking
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
- Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Minimum Required)
- 5-8+ years of Construction administration, specifications, quality assurance, design detailing, and technical architectural experience
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Minimum Proficiency in CAD, Revit, and Bluebeam
- Intrinsic motivation and a passion for technical details
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please indicate “Project Architect” along with your preferred office location.
Senior Architectural Designer
Posted on 04.09.2021
The Architectural Designer works under direct supervision of the Director of Design, a registered architect. The role is intended to be filled by a college or university-trained Architectural Designer, Engineer In Training, or Senior Drafter. Primary responsibilities include preparing complete drawing sets from concepts with a high level of independence. Competence in detailing buildings is high priority; visualization and graphics software capabilities are preferred. Revit and AutoCAD proficiency are required. Experience with Enscape, SketchUp, Photoshop, and others are preferred. The Architectural Designer also collaboratively assists in other aspects of plan preparation such as surveying, information gathering, discipline coordination, and data transfer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Utilize design software to prepare construction details, plans, and to assist with reports and presentation exhibits.
-Transfer information in numerical, written, and sketched, or electronic format from sources such as concept designs, legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs, and computer files to create final designs or provide information to consultants for their final designs.
-Visualize and illustrate concepts or designs in 2 or 3 dimensions. Utilize mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. Ideally, have or gain capability to integrate designs with company Virtual Reality resources.
-Interact with internal and external Engineers, construction Project Managers, and Estimators to obtain pertinent information necessary to create and coordinate design drawings.
-Perform tasks under supervision and from detailed procedures.
-Assist construction Project Engineers with operational tasks such as submittals, shop drawings. etc.
-Attend design coordination progress meetings.
-Participate in Design Department meetings, improvement initiatives and continuing education. Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit: https://rsmoweryconstruction.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=20