Local Employment Opportunities
Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects
Baltimore, MD or York, PA
Posted on 11/10/2021
NOW HIRING: PROJECT ARCHITECT
Join our growing 25+ person firm in the full-time role of Project Architect, based in either our Baltimore, MD or York PA office with remote work options. This is a great opportunity to work with talented people in one of the area’s premier Architectural environments.
Breadth of Work. M&D has an excellent reputation in the Mid-Atlantic marketplace. We work with a diverse group of clients on an array of exciting and interesting commissions – master plans, renovations, new construction, adaptive reuse, and historic preservation – for colleges/universities, K-12 schools, local governments, commercial businesses, faith-based institutions, libraries, and recreational facilities – to name just a few.
Design-Focused & Technically Proficient Culture. By promoting an integrated approach to Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design, the Murphy & Dittenhafer Architects’ team of experienced professionals and emerging talent puts optimism, energy, and imagination to work. Our goal is excellent and innovative design that reflects client needs, while creating “places” that make a positive contribution to the human experience – and the environment. In tandem with our design focus is a commitment to comprehensively delineating technical details on drawings and in specifications to ensure constructability – and providing high levels of engagement and coordination to successfully accomplish construction completion.
Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or on our blog: murphydittenhafer.com
Unique Opportunity. Our firm is the right size for collaboration with Principals, other Project Management Staff, and very talented Architectural Designers – all of whom have Architectural degrees and are pursuing licensure. Our objective is to infuse high quality Architecture into each of our commissions, to ensure our designs are documented and detailed correctly, to manage projects efficiently and profitably, and to achieve successful built results. Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
• Collaboration and Coordination with internal project teams and engineering consultants
• Development of creative and innovative solutions during Construction Administration
• High level of awareness and leadership on building codes, technology, sustainability, and systems
• Project Management Responsibility to lead project teams and Engineering Consultants during Project Construction on a variety of project types, scales, and locations
• Ensure detailed/fully coordinated construction documents and specifications
• Significant Client interface and management
Benefits. M&D staff enjoy:
• Competitive compensation; Paid Parking
• Flexible Remote Work Schedule Options
• M&D Day – an annual tradition touring our new or recently completed projects
• In-House Educational Seminars
• Paid Holidays & Vacation (including a week off between Christmas & New Year’s)
• Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
• Profit Sharing & Employer matched 401k
• Professional Registration/Continuing Education Assistance
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Minimum Required)
• 5-8+ years of Construction administration, specifications, quality assurance, design detailing, project management, code compliance, and technical architectural experience
• Good organization and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Minimum Proficiency in CAD, Revit, and Bluebeam
• Intrinsic motivation and a passion for technical details
Take the Next Step. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, and our blog: murphydittenhafer.com. If you like what you see, email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please indicate “Project Architect” along with your preferred office location.
TONO Group is a family of companies on a mission to create meaningful places. We transform the built environment through architecture, construction, décor procurement, and real estate development. TONO Architects, LLC has an immediate full-time opening for a creative, self-motivated, and technically proficient Architectural Designer. Position will be based in our West Chester office. Our innovative practice requires continuous collaboration with the team both office locations, so occasional travel between locations will be required. Benefits and growth opportunities are available. To apply, candidates should email PDF’s of cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to email@example.com
- NCARB Accredited Architecture License or actively testing for licensure through NCARB.
- 5-7 years of professional experience at an architecture firm.
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe CS, MS Office, and AutoCAD.
- Experience in rendering with Revit & Enscape or similar programs
- Experience with project management software is desired.
- Detailed knowledge of construction details, assemblies, and building systems.
- Knowledge and experience in assembling a complete set of construction / permit documents.
- Innovative, self-motivated, team-oriented.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with and receive direction from team members, consultants, and clients.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Design Director and design team to develop projects.
- Assist in field verification, including site measurements and record documentation.
- Coordinate project documentation and creation of construction drawings.
- Manage coordination with consulting engineers and clients as needed.
- Develop details and specifications as required for permit drawings.
- Assist with project scheduling and design milestones.
- Code and Compliance review as required by local jurisdictions.
- Review of submittals & RFIs during construction.
To apply, candidates should email PDF’s of cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tippetts Weaver Architects
Posted on 1/11/2022
NOW HIRING: Architect/Architect Intern
Tippetts/Weaver architects, inc. is seeking an architect/architect intern with between 2-5 years of demonstrated work experience in all phases of project design to join our small and bustling firm. We offer a fast paced, collaborative, flexible work environment, with a focus on design excellence and quality. At Tippetts/Weaver we focus on cultivating a culture that promotes professional growth and finding fulfillment in work. We are located in the center of lovely historic downtown Lancaster, Pennsylvania – An affordable and thriving city with a lively arts and restaurant scene.
• Participation as a contributing and collaborative member of a project team.
• Contribute to all phases of a project and office development under supervision of the principals.
• Preparation of Design Development and Construction Documents, including Coordination with Sub Consultants, Code Reviews.
Understanding of construction detailing critical.
Capabilities. Qualified candidates will have:
• Completion of an architectural undergraduate or graduate level degree program.
• 2-5 years of demonstrated work experience in all phases of project design.
• Exhibits an understanding of architectural practice and the development of design concepts.
• Self-motivated, well organization and problem-solving skills.
• A clear ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers and an ability to work within a team structure.
• Mastery of AutoCAD and REVIT required; Adobe Graphic Suite and Rhino experience desired.
• Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn.
Interested candidates should submit, salary demands, CV, cover letter and portfolio via email to:
Jane Hess, Office Manager
Tippetts/Weaver Architects, Inc.
137 North Duke Street
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17602