Young Architect Award
The AIA Central Pennsylvania Board requests nominations for the 2019 Young Architects Award. This award is given to an individual who, in an early stage of their architectural career, has shown exceptional leadership in service to the profession, the community, design, planning, and/or education.
The Central Pennsylvania program is modeled after the national AIA’s Young Architects Award program. Any member of the AIA may nominate one or more individuals. A candidate may self-nominate with additional letters of nomination.
Winners of the Central Pennsylvania award will be reviewed by the AIA Central Pennsylvania Board of Directors.
To be eligible to receive the Distinguished Service Award nominees must:
- Architects who have been licensed to practice architecture fewer than 10 years by the submission deadline are eligible to be nominated; the term young architect has no reference to the age of nominees.
Candidates must be nominated by a registered AIA member.
Three letters of nomination must be received. The nomination letters shall be formed based on the following areas and should not exceed 2 pages:
- Career Accomplishments: Provide a short biography of the nominee, including his or her education and professional credentials, work experience and current employment, and significant career accomplishments.
- Leadership: Include organization successes and obstacles the nominee has overcome, and evidence of professional creativity and innovation.
- Design / Vision: A statement of design contributions that illustrates the effect of their vision.
- Community Service: Discuss past and present active involvement in community organizations where the nominee has made a significant impact.
Nominee shall also include images and/or drawings or other materials that best demonstrate the outstanding accomplishments.
Submission Deadline August 30, 2019
Winners Notified September 19, 2019
Awards October 2019
Please submit all information online at www.aiacentralpa.org.
AIA Central Pennsylvania and the State of Pennsylvania assume no liability for original drawings and other submission materials or loss or damage to any part of the submission. AIA Central Pennsylvania retains the right to reproduce any of the submission materials in its publications, educational programs, and website.