2017 Conference and Expo CEU Information
CEU #1 “Evolution of Construction Technology: Present and Future” presented by Travis Fischer
- Attendees will be updated on Current state of BIM and technology adoption in the industry and Central PA
- Attendees will learn how general contractors are utilizing and working with BIM Technology
- Attendees will be introduced to New Technologies and how they are being utilized including Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and the use of Drones.
- Attendees will be introduce to potential Future Technologies including: Generative Design and robots.
CEU #2 “Construction, Communications, and Chaos: Managing Projects on the Fly” presented by Craig G. Malesic
Most people are familiar with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, the popular reality TV show that ran for nine seasons on ABC, but few have stopped to think about the major behind-the-scenes effort that it took to pull off the Herculean feat of renovating a house in seven days. This presentation offers a glimpse at the controlled chaos from someone who was there. Project success was directly related to project management success, specifically three essential tools: communication, leadership, and organization – all under the added project stresses of a lightning-fast schedule and limited resources.
- Attendees will recognize the key attributes required to successfully manage projects of short duration, high importance, and limited resources.
- Attendees will evaluate the ideal project management tools based upon each unique project environment.
- Attendees will make decisive decisions in short durations to expedite projects.
- Attendees will enhance communications with project stakeholders and elevate their leadership roles for project success.
Keynote: Susan J Gottlieb presenting “The Legacy of Creativity (an endless pursuit)”
- Attendees will examine the evolution of the creative process through Art Historical references.
- Attendees will recognize the variations and meanings of archetypal symbols through Art History.
- Attendees will identify these symbols in a variety of architectural and historical forms.
- Attendees will be observe the work of a contemporary artist who references these cross-cultural forms in a variety of media.
“A Tour of York’s Royal Square and Market District” presented by Dylan Bauer
The tour will begin at The BOND at 2:00PM in the Royal Square District of York, Pennsylvania. We will discuss key components to the redevelopment of York’s Royal Square District as we make our way through Royal Square and onto the Market District. We will take a walk through Central Market and return to Royal Square by 3:00PM. During the course of our tour we will explore Royal Square’s murals, West Market Street’s recent revitalization, Central Market’s extensive history as our city’s “anchor”, The Appell Center and restaurants of North George Street and walk by the Hotel Yorktowne on the way back to The Bond.
- Identify key components to the ongoing Urban Revitalization of downtown York, Pennsylvania.
- Assess the impact of the investment strategy and the rebranding of York’s Royal Square District on the city.
- Explain the significance of York’s Central Market as an “anchor” to the city and its impact on the community and as a small business incubator.
- Attendees will recognize communication enhancement strategies to encourage decisive decisions among various project stakeholders in multi-use developments.